5 Steps To Making Your Homeownership Dream A RealityJan 16, 2023
She opens up about the stressful times she faced as a young single mother before transforming her finances in powerful ways. From paying off $50K worth of debt to becoming a real estate investor and Certified Financial Education Instructor, she now educates and empower other women to take control of their finances to become money savvy and confident homeowners.
Nia shares 5 steps to help potential homebuyers navigate the buying process
Being a successful homeowner requires preparation and research. Even if your credit is in order, it's crucial to ensure you can afford the house that you're buying.
To prepare for home ownership there are five key steps:
- Build an emergency fund and have money for closing costs.
- Eliminate debt this can help buyers qualify for more mortgage options.
- Select the best team of professionals, research their brand and services before signing any contracts or agreements.
- Research loan products available in order to choose the best option that works for you; be aware of down payment assistance programs as they may come with certain requirements such as higher credit scores or needing to stay in the property for a set amount of time.
- Lastly, create a budget so that you are comfortably paying your current bills when taking on additional expenses like a mortgage payment.
In addition, we discuss the complexities that come with the home buying process...including down payment assistance programs, negotiating closing costs, getting a home inspection and understanding loan estimate documents – all things that are essential when buying your own property.
Listen now and take away valuable information about this crucial part of life - owning your dream abode!
Mentions In The Podcast:
Certified Financial Educator